Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Monday, April 29, 2013
Sunday, April 28, 2013
Thursday, April 25, 2013
|"And then she told him . . . lean closer so I can whisper in your ear."|
|"Wait till Selma sees the bit of fluff I've brought for the nest!"|
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Monday, April 22, 2013
Sunday, April 21, 2013
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Below is a brief review from Amazon:
Medieval-Inspired Knits: Stunning Brocade & Swirling Vine Patterns with Embellished Borders
By Anna-Karin Lundberg
I have to say that I am attracted to the medieval period and to the recreation of medieval design by the Pre-Raphaelites and others (I include Anna-Karin Lundberg), but I suggest if this book sounds interesting to you, check the review on www.knittingscholar.com. That review is possibly a bit more realistic than my emotional reaction allows me to be.
Whether you buy the book or not, I do think you'll enjoy looking at it and maybe find alternative ways to use the designs.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Monday, April 15, 2013
Sunday, April 14, 2013
|Faith Ringgold's "Tar Beach #2" from 1990|
|Ringgold "Sunflower Quilting Bee at Arles", 1996|
Thursday, April 11, 2013
|Waterlily in Montreal Botanic Garden|
|Tracing of my drawing of the water lily|
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
- For whom do you want the pillowcases?
- What fabric do you think would look best with the screen pattern?
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Monday, April 8, 2013
Sunday, April 7, 2013
|G'son patiently waits to play Risk while D tries to figure out the instructions!|
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
- How many rabbits are in this block?
- How many sections in the block have carrots?
- Where does the rabbit live?
- What is the rabbit's name?
- For which question is there no answer?
- How many rabbits are in this block? Four
- How many sections in the block have carrots? Four
- Where does the rabbit live? Thatched cottage
- What is the rabbit's name? Any name you want. I call him Farmer Wrabit.
- For which question is there no answer? Number four (his name doesn't appear in the block . . . yet).