This lovely bunch of flowers was a hostess gift from one of my friends who was part of the weekend get together here. It's been a lovely bouquet all along, but tonight I was especially pleased to be able to look at it from time to time. The rainy day made the flowers look brighter, but I also got myself into a pickle with my current quilting project.
Last week I mentioned having reservations about the way I had used some of the fabric and came up with the idea of changing the orientation of a couple of the smaller pieces. Today I finished doing that and discovered it didn't work. I believe I cut one piece incorrectly because it no longer fit, I fussy cut pieces on two sides so it would continue the pattern in the the center block, but I didn't change the other two sides. By the time I finished mucking with it, I didn't like my half-solution to a whole problem at all.
Bottom line, if you're going to do it, do it right.
I took it all apart and will start over tomorrow.
But those flowers are lovely!