I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Our visit with SIL A was a pleasure as always. I did not go with them to plant flowers in on the graves of their family because I really hoped to be able to complete the work on my quilt. I missed a good time with them, but they were both very understanding. My pay back will be to research appropriate hostas for planting next year.
While they were gone, I did get the quilt almost finished. It had everything but the animals on it, all the quilting complete, borders cut, and binding finished. Today I put the animals on and stitched down some edges. Next I have to make and attach the sleeve and the label. After those chores are done, I will add the crystals and call it well and truly done.
Since it is a Challenge Quilt, I don't feel I can show a photo of it yet. However, D pointed out that our peonies in the back (behind the gaden and lilac hedge) are in bloom. Since we can't really see them, I went back there with my snips and here they are: