Tuesday, May 22, 2012

McCall's Quilt Design Star 2012

This evening Alice (D's sister) called to find out how things went at Dad's doctor's appointment today.  After David had updated her, she and I had a chance to chat.  As usual, we discussed and laughed about many different things, but just before we hung up, she reminded me of this year's quilt contest.  I had to admit that I hadn't checked it out yet because I thought it was too early.  Well, it isn't, and I've already missed the first round when one votes on the quilts submitted for a chance to enter the actual contest.  Drats, time does have a tendency to slip away, doesn't it!

So consider this a reminder to go to www.mcallsquiltdesignstar.com to at least see the quilts that remain in both categories.  Did you know that this year there is an amateur category and a professional category, too?  The voting for the first challenge begins in June so we have plenty of time to decide which quilters we think we may want to follow and support with our votes and comments.

The comments are important as they serve as a very strong support and message of encouragement for the quilter as well as letting the judges know what the public thinks.  I was so lucky last year!  The comments I received were more specific than many of those the other contestants were sent.  Do you think the challenges will be similar?  

Oh, in case you haven't noticed, one of the quilts I designed for last year's contest will be the focus of  a class I will be teaching at Log Cabin on " Miss Ruby Takes a Walk" , and I hope to have all of you take it!  The patterns are available for those who do sign up and for others after the class has been taught (and we've caught any bugs in the pattern that Miss Ruby missed). 

Have fun looking at this year's quilts, and let me know what you think and which ones you like the best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment