Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Bit Closer to Sewing

A good day for me.  After ironing fabrics, I was able to get most of my grandson's quilt cut out.  There is still more to do as the center medallion hasn't been touched, but I feel so much better about it.  

Tomorrow I hope to do the math that is required in order to blend two patterns and come up with the correct size quilt for his bed.  Math . . .  oh well, tomorrow is Halloween so maybe some spirits will help me out.

Speaking of Halloween:


This is the shelf in our family room.  I still have some of the decorations that I used in school so I added them to this shelf with the few that usually are there at this time of year.  I like the way it looks.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that the weather forecast is wrong and that there won't be cold rain tomorrow evening.  I love seeing the little ones, but I don't want them - or their parents - catching cold!

2 comments:

  1. love the family room decorations! Especially love that you have the true me sitting on a chair to the right with my favorite black hat on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Halloween shelf. I don't decorate for Halloween and seeing your array of festive decorations makes we want to rethink that decision. J's birthday is on Halloween, and since a child, has thought of the holiday exclusively belonging to her. Last year her mother had an artist make a decoration with J (as a witch) holding her dog, Petri. Looking at the website of the artist this year, J's mother noticed that the artist now sells the decoration to adorn Halloween cakes. So J has truly become the "Queen of Halloween.".

    ReplyDelete