Another interesting day . . . D and I made sure the furnace was available for Furnace Man (aka FM) to be able to access. During that rearranging of things that live in basements, I realized that I would not be able to do the laundry until after FM did his magic both because I could not get to the washing machine since I'd walled it off with basement items and because I decided having unmentionables hanging about over FM's head wasn't something any of us would appreciate.
So instead of laundry, I busied myself with sorting through some boxes that had been unearthed and seemed to have things that we could get rid of. For example, there were two plastic drawer-bins that had kitchen items we used to take with us when we went to Vermont each summer. We haven't gone back since 2016, and even in those last years, we didn't need to take those items because the place we rented was fully furnished. We found some things of David's that he had no difficulty getting rid of. Then there were two boxes that were clearly for me to sort more carefully as there might be treasures.
And there were. First, I found fabric that was supposed to be borders for the hand-sewn spool wall hanging I made several years ago and for which, since I no clue where I had hidden that fabric, good friend Sandy replaced from her stash! I sent her a text today with a photo of what I had found and will give it to her tomorrow during the Crazy Quilt "class". Second, I found an "antique" (in quotation marks because I don't know if its 100 years old) flour sack with which I had planned to make an apron. Third,and oh, this was special, I discovered fabric from which I made part of our daughter's first Christmas dress and a little slip of hers, also. Those finds may find their way into a wall hanging along with the very worn placemat/dish cloth (my memory won't come up with their exact use at the moment) that were also in the box.
And, of course, there was something more that. Here is another of my many unfinished projects . . . but this one goes back a way . . .
A while ago, I was discussing this project with my best friend and told her I was sure these blocks (all 26 - 28 of them) which had been put away each on its own paper plate had been accidentally thrown away. And knowing that, all the coordinating fabrics had been re-purposed or tossed.
So - of course, I found the blocks. That's the way my week is going!