Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Gifts We Treasure

Gifts that are made especially for us have lasting meaning and are those we treasure the most.  Here is one D and our daughter made for me years ago that comes out in the winter and stays out until spring.  Every time I walk past it, I smile.  There is something so 1950's about it ("Christmas Story" anyone?) and so very much something clearly homemade . . .


This is one of the gifts I treasure.

Until after the holidays, here is my wish for you -

Have a joyous holiday with those you love - 
the greatest gift of all. 


2 comments:

  1. That scene is wonderful. And, yes, family and friends are the most joyous gift of all !! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have seen this at your home before. I don't remember whether I ever told you that many of the figures (the couple on the park bench, the skaters, the person on the sleigh, maybe even the women in long coats, were the very same figures that my brother had for a layout for his train set. This brings back many wonderful memories -- not of the 50's, but the 40's.

    ReplyDelete