Thursday, April 26, 2018

Lesson Learned

Today I learned a very important thing, and it has to do with exercise.

When the weather became really cold and the streets were frequently glazed with ice, D and I decided to stop our daily walk.  That may have been in early November, but I'm not sure.  Then early in January we started talking about the need for exercise (doesn't that always happen at that time of year?) and began to look at our options.  After a scheduled visit complete with a tour guide, we settled on the YMCA.  But before we started working out, we requested a session with a workout guru.  All of that took longer than we expected, and it wasn't until February that we began visiting the Y regularly.

So you'd think that by now I'd have a pretty good handle on what I can and can't (or shouldn't) do.  Not so.

Today's important lesson?  Do not walk for half an hour on the treadmill after doing half an hour on the weight machines for the legs.  By five o'clock, my legs felt like worn out rubber bands!

Silly woman .. . 

2 comments:

  1. oh, yes. You've got to work up to it. But that's great that you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I s.till commend you both for at least trying. I'm falling woefully behind

    ReplyDelete