Monday, April 23, 2018

Recent Paintings

Since February (my last regular entry), two paintings were completed.  I think I posted both of them on Facebook so please forgive me if you've seen them already.

Nearby there is a train trestle that I have frequently photographed and want to paint it very much.  I haven't done it yet because to me, it says "oils, not watercolor".  Anyway, I really wanted to catch the scene in winter and in the early morning sunlight.  However, I hadn't taken into account the fact that the world tilts on its axis and the sun is not in the same place in winter.  But I took pictures none the less but not of the trestle.  There was a wonderful pool of ice and rocks covered with snow.

Zero Degrees:




When we visited family in San Diego some years ago, we would walk on the beach, and naturally, I took photos.  One day the weather was gray and cool with rain threatening, and I took a photo of a man fishing from the beach.  Something about the limited palette (few colors) and the subject spoke to me even though I like bright colors and have never fished in my life. 

Checking the Line:


I am working on a new painting, but it is a trial so you may have to wait a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment