When tidying my studio last fall - winter, I came across an almost finished quilt with hand-pieced blocks. In keeping with my determination to finish projects, early this summer I decided to look for the fabrics I knew I had somewhere and make the quilt one of the finished.
Fabrics were found, borders cut and sewn on, binding made, and a quilting appointment kept. Saturday, I picked up the quilted piece and brought it home. Sunday the sleeve was made, the binding was machine sewn on one side, and Monday attached on the other. Now all that is left to do is hand sew the bottom edge of the sleeve to the back which I'll work on this evening.
Here is a photo:
You may notice that the colors chose for this one is a departure from my usual choices. Instead of bright, dynamic colors, this quilt features tonal pinks, greens, and browns - in some instances so pale that the quilt didn't photograph well.
Clearly the one thing I did not pay attention to was checking that it was squared up before giving it to the quilter! Ah well, I'll have to make a note to myself to take care of that step in the future.
At least it's - almost - finished!