Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Progress Made

Another day of following my plan to get some things done that have been hanging fire for too long.  First I took a look at the yarn I had recently purchased.  That reminded me that I had yarn downstairs that needed to be sorted through also.  One of the problems I face, with the yarn I have, is that there is lovely yarn bought for specific projects, but I can't remember what the projects are!  So I took the time to find the patterns and match it to the yarn.  Once matched up, I put the yarn in a bag with the pattern or (if the pattern was going to be used with other yarn also) with a note with the specific pattern's name.  That took over an hour but was not on my list so I can't really count it.

Then after lunch, I went back to the studio where I spent almost three hours.  I could get more done in more quickly if I merely put things away without bothering to organize, to figure how items were going to be used, and most importantly, to decide whether I really wanted/needed the objects I was sorting through. I did fill a garbage bag with things that I didn't want and that could not, for a variety of reasons, be given to others.  Other things were organized and will be ready to be either put in a bin (if it isn't going to be used soon) or put on a shelf.

All this time is being spent on only the first item on my list of things I want to do.  If I merely work around the disorder to sew or paint, the mess will not only stay in the same place, it's more likely that it will grow.  

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're doing great on your #1 project and even if the yarn wasn't on your list - it is one of the things that is in the realm of organizing and needing to be done! You're making great progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noel, All I can say is that I have been living your problem for months on end. I have not conquered it nor come to a solution. I seem to do best when I tackle a small thing and bring it to some kind of resolution. I think too much decision making just rattles my mind.

    ReplyDelete