Friday, August 18, 2017

Odds and Ends

Yesterday we spent our afternoon at the race track for our once-a-year day at the track.  I lost more than I have in the past (under $10), and D came home the modest winner of an Exacta.

Today it's pouring, and we were scheduled to take our daughter and grandson to a local baseball game.  But when we talked with them this morning, we suggested they visit next weekend.  Grandson just got home from a trip to D.C., and when the rain came down as it did when we were at the Yankees' game, they decided to stay home.  Smart move!

However, as this game and the picnic before hand is a fundraiser for our local library, since we have already bought the tickets, we will go anyway.  At least for the picnic (as soon as I finished that sentence, the skies opened up again!) . . .

Reporting in on my list of six things I need to accomplish:  One more bin for the dining room was emptied and contents put away this morning.  Now there is just a small bin (of the size one can put under a bed) to tackle and the dining room will be back in order.

This afternoon, I planned to work on the painting side of the studio.  Planned to but didn't do.  I was lured to the fabric side (it's much prettier than paint brushes and easels!) and spent a couple of hours in more organizing.  Actually, I was looking for some stencils I had purchased to use as embroidery designs for dish towels, but I couldn't find them.  At least not yet!  I did find a small box of items I had set aside to use on the crazy quilt block I'm working on that honors my sister.  It will be fun to check that out tonight when we return from the ballpark (though it's beginning to look more doubtful that we'll go).

Another day on the plus side of getting the studio organized!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the good progress you're making and soon the studio will be usable again. And just maybe this next baseball game will be held in the SUN !!

    ReplyDelete