Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring and Consequences

Spring cleaning has me by the throat and won't let go!  We're are making a concerted effort to get rid of things that we don't need and/or don't use.  Goodwill is probably cringing every time they see us coming (especially when I give them 3 or 4 Easter decorations on the Thursday before Easter!), but I truly want to make the house more livable and more functional for the life we lead now.

When I first retired, I really hoped we would look for a new house, one that would suit our lifestyle and would be a realistic home for people who are getting a wee bit older.  David was adamantly opposed to the idea which at first really surprised me, but eventually I came to understand his feelings and respect them.  Part of the issue for him was packing up our belongings which are legion.  Now I giggle a bit, because if we had moved and had packed up everything, what we are doing now would already have been done!  No matter how one looks at it, the clutter has to go, and we could have done it when moving into, ahem, a house that would have a room I could dedicate to my artistic endeavors.  Did I say that?

Ah well, as I say, we are in the midst of trying to make order out of chaos so I haven't a lot of free time.  My entries may become more sporadic, but I will write as often as I can.  Wish me luck, energy, and the strength to get rid of those things I should get rid of!

1 comment:

  1. My sympathies are with you. Sometimes I think a big dumpster in the driveway might help, but then I look at my garden. The good plants need tending, the weeds flourish, and every spring I'm overwhelmed. I have to remind myself -- this to shall pass. Just hang in there and take one step at a time.

    ReplyDelete