Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Another Day of Painting

Painting only one day a week is definitely not the best way to get better at it, but lately that's all I can manage (as many others coping with seasonal expectations or any other highly charged situation).  At least I did take the time to think about what I needed to do today.

First, here is the painting as it looked last week:


Now here is the same painting after today:


It's obvious that I have begun adding more dark clouds to the sky, but some of the other changes are possibly less noticeable  The trees on the left are more detailed.  There are now the beginnings of trees on the right (not a truck, I didn't want to hint at even one person being around), the building (not a church - an empty house) is more detailed though it may be hard to see.  The tower has been worked on.  

Oh, well, I guess you had to be there.









1 comment:

  1. I actually noticed the trees had more detail on the left and on the right there's some without leaves. No matter how long it takes to finish the painting, it's really OK. There's no reason to rush, right?

    ReplyDelete