Monday, June 19, 2017

Wandering around in Tokyo

We spent the afternoon one day sort of rummaging around in a Tokyo market area.  These photos are a smattering of the kinds of places we saw as we wandered.

I saw a window full of color but from the street I couldn't tell what I was seeing.  So out came my camera for the first shot below, and then when I zoomed in, I could see . . . .


Spools of thread!!!


Next there were friends having a chat:     


A place to eat . . . ???



The tuxedo of doors:


A wonderful dragon for fun:


From the inside looking out:


A huge ginko tree:


And then, finally, a fabric shop.  Those rolls hold meters of fabrics.  Unfortunately, if one is interested, one has to buy the entire "roll".  I didn't want to spend that much money even though there were some gorgeous fabrics.  Oh well.  I had purchased some pieces of antique fabrics I liked better anyway.  So there.


Did you think you'd get away without seeing another door?  No way!


Then the expected souvenir shop - the first one of this kind we saw.


A rescued owl from an Owl Cafe:


We enjoyed seeing this slice of life in Tokyo!



1 comment:

  1. Those spools of thread are so pretty just sitting there! What a wonderful way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete