Monday, July 16, 2012

And this is Life, too!

Mary Ellen sent me her usual up-beat lovely response to yesterday's entry, but she did say that she couldn't really see the bowl as it was still in the box (we never took it out).  So here's Bonnie Belt's (the artist) site: www.bobbiebelt.com .  Just wait until you see her work; I love it.  Today I
e-mailed her and asked for her catalog since her work isn't carried anywhere in NY.  Well, we can dream, can't we?

Now for a nice thing that has happened again this year.  Last year we had robins nesting in a hanging fuchsia plant on our front porch.  It happened to be in a direct line with the window in the room where I sew.  As I would stand at the ironing board, I had a great view, and last year because of the contest, I was ironing every day and every day brought new experiences watching the chicks develop. 

This year we never got around to planting or even buying already planted flowers.  We were always off gadding about somewhere.  But - that did not deter the robins.  This year they changed their nesting site, and we can't see them from the windows.  We don't know if the first sitting was completely successful even though we saw beaks poking up over the top of the nest.  They may have taken off when we were away.  We're careful to disturb them as little as we can and have asked friends to call first so we can open the garage door and let them in through the kitchen. 

Now we are on the second sitting (sounds a bit like a restaurant, doesn't it?). We hope all will be well these youngsters.  Here's a parent standing guard while I snapped some pictures from the lawn. 


That's the light beside our front door, and yes, it really is a mess.  We will have our work cut out for us when they depart.  But in the meantime, we'll just enjoy this slice of avian life.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - she makes very beautiful stuff. When you get that catalog, I'd love to see it. Everything is beautiful.

    And I'll remember to call before I leave on Friday. Don't want to disturb the babies!

    ReplyDelete