Monday, July 2, 2012

Montreal Botanical Gardens

Here are some photographs from our trip to Montreal this past weekend. David's bonsai club undertook the trip, and we car pooled to Canada's lovely city and lovelier botanical gardens to view their collection of bonsai. This was the second time we went, and the second time it was dreadfully hot. I really think we should start looking at trips for the fall instead of the summer! 

For some reason, the pictures posted in the reverse order, and I don't seem to be able to fix it.  But I guess it doesn't really matter.  Enjoy!
We had a great time and I heartily recommend a trip to Montreal and their Botanical Gardens - but not necessarily during the height of summer heat!
Rooftops seen from our room in the hotel.  Don't you love the juxtoposition of old and new?
One of my favorites photos from the weekend.
Another pattern - can you find its source in another photo?
Oh, here are some bonsai displayed in the Japanese Garden.
Wonderful pattern.
Not blueberries although they look good enough to eat.  These are "Oregon Holly" (Mahonia).
The flowers were there and so was the hat; I just put the two together.
The bonsai work area (I think this would make a terrific painting).
My favorite begonia - "Escargot".
Beautiful planted pots abound.
We had a great time and I heartily recommend a trip to Montreal and their Botanical Gardens - but not necessarily during the height of summer heat!








2 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful - and, yes, the work area would make a great painting. And I see a couple good quilt ideas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know why you're attracted to the most difficult subjects you see. I love the photo. It would be a challenge to paint, but I don't think that has ever stopped you. We remember the Montreal gardens very well having visited after a trip to Willoughby.

    ReplyDelete