Sunday, June 9, 2013

Shirt Completely Finished

After feeling so proud that I had made D's Father's Day gift early, I didn't get around to completing the finishing touches until this week.  Now all the buttonholes are done, buttons sewn on, and hem completed.  Originally I wasn't going to finish off the hem, but then I realized that this shirt has vents on either side and is designed to be worn out, not tucked in.  I'm actually more concerned about the length of the sleeves than the length of the body so the hem is a minor detail.


And here it is all ready for D to wear.  I'm hoping he will want to take it to D.C. where we plan to take in a Nationals baseball game.  Yes, I know it has long sleeves and may seem an odd choice for summer wear.  Like many of us, D has to be careful not to get too much sun and wears long sleeves year round.
 
How many of you recognize the fabric?

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful work Noel!!!!!!!!!!!! love the finishing too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do great garment making. D is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete