Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Watercolor: Bluebirds 3 Finale

"Wait," you are saying.  "Didn't she say yesterday that the Bluebirds were done?"
 
Well, they were, or at least they were as far as I was concerned.  However, I took the two paintings in to the studio today for the weekly showing of the work we had done since the last class and for the evaluation of that work.  That was my first mistake.  I shouldn't have taken them in.  I should have pretended I hadn't worked on any painting this past week. 
 
But because I did take those paintings in, we gathered around and discussed them.  Then at the end, Sharon said, "What's next?"
 
"Well," I responded, "I think I'll work on another version of the Chinese Street Scene."
 
"No, I mean, what's next with the bluebirds?"
 
"I'm not getting anywhere with them, and I'm rather tired of them so. . ."  No answer.  Sharon just looked at me.  "They're not really worth finishing," I ended lamely.
 
"You should finish the painting."  Silence.  Raised eyebrows.
 
"Okay," I mumbled. 
 
Then we had a discussion about why I didn't feel it was worth finishing and what she thought I should do and what I thought I should do (yes, I actually seriously participated in the discussion). 



You may notice that I signed my name in the lower right hand corner.  You know what that means, right?

It's finished.

1 comment:

  1. It means you're officially DONE !!

    and Happy Birthday !!

    ReplyDelete