Sunday, June 2, 2013

First Sunday in June

We had company again this weekend and had a wonderful time.  But as a result, I found myself today both tired and twitchy - not a good combination. 
 
Nothing of moment was accomplished.
 
Nothing not of moment was accomplished.  Except an interesting double negative. 
 
So I will leave you with photos of three of six National Grid trucks that came to help out on our street (we had been without power for about 20 hours but it was back on when they arrived). 

 
They were busy.  ? 



I know they were there in force for a reason.  Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out what the reason was.  It may have been tornado related, who knows?  They were doing their job, and I'm glad it's not mine to do.

Aren't you glad none of us live in Tornado Alley?

2 comments:

  1. The Franklin adage about fish and guests might explain your tiredness, but I wonder - and I'm just blue skying it here - if the twitchiness could possibly relate to a "Rod Serling moment" pitting imagination and accomplishment against nature and the power grid failure. Nah, probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine living in Oklahoma or Kansas. Seems they're just asking for a tornado. Meanwhile, the few that have touched down here can go out to sea (except where the commercial fishermen are) I think heat could explain being tired - and stress with no power. So now that it's a bit cooler outside - get out and enjoy it while you can! It will be hot again soon enough!

    ReplyDelete