Sunday, July 14, 2013

Missed Opportunity

How is it that someone who enjoys taking photographs and also likes to showcase the work of others manages to forget to have her proper camera with her when such an opportunity arises?  And forgets even to whip out the less "proper" but still acceptable cell phone to take photos?
 
Today was such a day in class at Log Cabin.  E joined us for the first time with her lovely hand-quilting project.  It is a piece that features her English paper-piecing as well as her quilting.  Would have made a  lovely photo.  SMcG was there with two projects.  She was cutting out letters to use on a project that she didn't have with her (S, please bring it - or a picture at any rate for us to see next time, okay?).  Then she picked up her hand piecing - another photo opportunity missed.  ME is nearing the end of the Churn Dash Sampler that was this year's project for those who wished to take it on in this class/club.  She's using lovely pastels but is second guessing her original choice of background.  I think that if she does as she is thinking and adds a quarter-inch border around each block, she will be able to used that background after all.  It will be very pretty, but you'll have to wait until I take a picture to appreciate it!  Now P doesn't get very much time to work on her Sampler outside of class, but I think she is coming along quite well given that she can work on it only once a month when we meet.  Naturally I think she's made great choices of fabrics as we seem to choose the same ones for out projects over and over!  That would have been fun - taking a picture of both hers and mine.  Some identical fabrics but in different combinations.
 

See what I've made you miss? 
 
Oh well, here's a consolation photo that I may have shown you before. These are some flowers in my garden from when I first planted them.  They are Argyranthemum (or more commonly Marguerite Daisies). 
 
 


On that cheerful note, I wish you a happy, dry, and cool Monday!

1 comment:

  1. The flowers are beautiful. And I must say having E join us added another level of fun. I can hardly wait for next month when she brings her travel companion and friend with her. It's always good to see P and SMcG. Thanks for warning us that you'll bring a camera. I'll even brush my teeth and maybe comb my hair!!

    Stay cool today!

    ReplyDelete