Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Quilting News

Today I finished "Tea in the Bonsai Garden" - well, almost.  I was so excited when I sewed on the third border that I took it upstairs on the off chance that D would stay outside for a bit longer (he did) so I could snap a picture. Here it is as it is now (with no pillows on the bed):


This picture shows the quilt with the bottom border.  When I took the photo, I thought I had a better angle that showed at least part of the left side of the quilt, but obviously I didn't.  The borders are all done in the same manner but all have different blocks.  I wanted to give the impression that one was actually in a garden among the trees (the green and yellow ginkgo leaves).  The next photo shows the right hand side of the bed.


By now you probably realize what I forgot.  There is also a top edge to the quilt!  I may have overlooked it because I am torn about what fabric to use.  If I use the ginkgo leaf fabric, I may not have enough for the pillow shams which I really want to make with the ginkgo material as it will tie it all together.  But if I don't use that fabric, I'll have to finish the upper edge with the Kona jet black I used to border every block.  That might be all right because one won't really see it . . . .  Hmmmm.

Well, friends, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. I think no one is really going to see the top of the quilt. Do it in the black. And the ginkgo leaves for the pillow cases will cover the black during the day anyhow!

    And that's my humble opinion. And, oh, yes. It's beautiful and he's going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete