Monday, February 6, 2017

Baby Quilt Finished

It's been a busy seven or more days, but it's been busy in a successful way.  For example, the little baby quilt I've been working on was finished.  Last year American Quilter's Society's society had a kit for a pillow featuring Star Wars fabrics complete with a decent photo of the finished pillow.  I liked the pattern and figured it would be easy enough to figure the pattern out.  It is, as you can see, mostly half-square triangle blocks and solid blocks of white.  

The bedroom for the baby this quilt is going to is painted blue hence the color scheme (very pale blue to very dark navy blue) I chose.  The difficult part was making sure my color choices would make the zigzag pattern.  


After putting this where I could easily photograph it, I left it there for a while which meant I walked by it several times.  That one triangle of blue half way up the right hand side stuck out like a sore thumb.  I tried to ignore it, but that never really works.  I tried to rationalize the fact that the quilt is for a baby not an art critic.  That worked even less.  Then I told myself the quilt was finished so why mess with it (I could destroy it, I thought).  Really???  Pathetic!  Finally I snatched up the quilt and cut out the offending block.


Much better, and now it's really ready for the quilter!




No comments:

Post a Comment