Sunday, February 12, 2017

Monk's Face

Why I had such difficulty last time seeing the Tibetan Monk's face as I was painting became a wee bit more understandable today when I decided to measure the face in question.  Of course, I decided to measure it after I had done some work on it so I couldn't put the ruler directly on his head.  Even so, the closest I could figure is the face is 7/16th of an inch.  

Anyway, it finally occurred to me to use a magnifying glass in order to improve the previous work.  I think it's better, but you can judge for yourself.  Below is last week's work:


And here he is again after his face lift:



Blown up this much makes it possible to see that it may not be an improvement.  Now he has mumps on one side of his face and a skin graft on the other!

Here is the everything-in-perspective view:



 At least I was sort-of able to see!

1 comment:

  1. you're going to disown me - but I like the first one better - the face, that is. Anyhow, it's awful darned small and I'm amazed you can paint a face that little! The painting is turning out to be really nice!

    ReplyDelete