Why I had such difficulty last time seeing the Tibetan Monk's face as I was painting became a wee bit more understandable today when I decided to measure the face in question. Of course, I decided to measure it after I had done some work on it so I couldn't put the ruler directly on his head. Even so, the closest I could figure is the face is 7/16th of an inch.
Anyway, it finally occurred to me to use a magnifying glass in order to improve the previous work. I think it's better, but you can judge for yourself. Below is last week's work:
And here he is again after his face lift:
Blown up this much makes it possible to see that it may not be an improvement. Now he has mumps on one side of his face and a skin graft on the other!
Here is the everything-in-perspective view:
At least I was sort-of able to see!