Thursday, July 20, 2017

Hong Kong

Hong Kong was the final destination of the bonsai trip.  It was a short stay, but worth every minute of it as I can't imagine we'll ever have another opportunity to go there again.

The first picture was taken from our hotel room.


One of the first things we did was visit the Jade Market.  At first I thought I wouldn't buy anything, but . . . well, when would we ever have this chance again?  But oh my, how to choose?


While I have a dark green necklace already (it's malachite), I didn't have one in what I call celadon green.   I do now!  Below is a pile of bracelets in all kinds of colors.


There were other articles made from jade, other minerals, and even a bit of porcelain.


There were also pearls being sold here, and that was an even greater temptation.  But again I remained strong.  Only one pair of earrings to wear with a pink pearl necklace that I was given several years ago made its way into my purse.


I kept taking photos because the colors were so lovely.


On our way back from the Jade Market we wandered through a local food market.  Again the site with its colors and people appealed to me not only as reminders of a great trip but also as possible painting material - both the booths and the people.





Some of the lanes we wandered through were also intriguing.


Finally, to warm up we stopped at one of my favorite places to get a latte.  I was fascinated with a flavored latte (yes, I'm one of those happy lovers of flavored coffees) I'd never seen in the States (and still haven't) so I had to try it.  


It was called "Pop-zel" and was a combination of caramel popcorn and pretzels.  Sound weird?  Oh yes.  But as odd as it may seem, it was delicious!


 Later we took a walk to find a place for lunch and on the way passed some incredible trees lining the street.


 Nighttime saw us at the Night Market, but I'll save that for another day.



1 comment:

  1. Hong Kong looks incredibly huge!! But the jade market? Oh, I don't know if I could behave there. Those markets with all that fresh food and flowers are just WONDERFUL !!! What a trip you had. And I can hardly wait to see which painting you do first!

    ReplyDelete