Monday, July 24, 2017

Victoria Peak and Aberdeen Fishing Village: Hong Kong

Nearing the close of our Asian jaunt we left the city itself and drove up to Victoria Peak for the views.  While it was a very cloudy morning, we didn't mind as the previous day it had rained quite a bit.  We considered ourselves fortunate to be there when we were.

But before showing show those photos, I want to share a picture of Asian scaffolding - made from bamboo!  While I knew that bamboo was strong, I had no idea it wa this strong!


Back to Victoria Peak.  Since is was such a foggy day, I played a bit with black and white photos.  In this one, I tinted it blue so the harbor might be a bit more apparent.


And in this one of a look-out spot, I emphasized the structure and the people (taking photos) with red.


Leaving the Peak we went to Aberdeen Fishing Village for a "voyage" on a sampan.


While the men are out fishing, the women provide tourists with rides through the harbor.  It's very much a business for those women; taking a photo of our pilot would have cost me money.  Can't say I blamed her, but she didn't inspire me.  So what you see in the photographs below are the views we saw as we motored around the harbor.





And then we returned to our starting place.



Our return to dry land was through a wooden structure where I saw a dragon Hong Kong style.


This one of the harbor from land.  I love the juxtaposition of the old harbor-side structures with the modern buildings on the other side of the harbor.







2 comments:

  1. It looks like the bamboo must be strong, but I'm very happy I'll never be on the top of it. I'm also happy you didn't get rained on! The photos are, of course, beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't found your comments. where did you hide them?

      Delete