Friday, July 29, 2011

Planning

There are days when I wonder if I will be able to complete the machine sewing on the quilt top before August 4th (we leave for Vermont on the 5th).  Today was one of those days.  Everything seems to take longer than I planned, and for some reason, I never plan for mistakes.  Now isn't that interesting?  Since when have I become someone who doesn't make mistakes?  I plan for all other kinds of contingencies.  Power outages, not enough fabric or thread or needles or the wrong kinds, unexpected visitors, lengthy telephone calls, but not mistakes. 

Remind me next time to head my contingency list with MISTAKES.  Of course, then something else unplanned will arise. 

This is my personal lesson of the day.  No matter what I plan for much of it will not happen, but something I don't plan for will. 

Tomorrow is another day, and I will make progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment