Monday, August 1, 2011

Good Weekend

Did you all have a wonderful weekend? Here in central New York the weather was glorious; the kind of summer weather we dream of all winter. My garden, even though I've done nothing but weed it this year due to the quilt design contest, is beautiful. It looks a bit like this photo of Mary Ellen's perle cotton. Yes, she dropped it off before she left on vacation. She told me later that she rang the doorbell (being in the back of the house, we didn't hear her) so she left it on the front porch where I found it first thing Saturday morning. Isn't that a wonderful thing to do? Another sign of a best friend; she's walked many an extra mile for me.

That's the way my weekend started, and it was a good omen. The end is in sight! I have to hurry with this entry so I can rush downstairs and tie myself to the sewing machine to keep this momentum going.

May your day be filled with the kindness of friends and the glow of success!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Positively makes me want to break into song...
    "that's what friends are for..."
    glad to hear that you have a wealth of inspiration going right now. Can't wait to see what this entry will be! Happy sewing. I'm off to my heating pad (once again)- it is getting boring. I'd rather be sewing.

    ReplyDelete