Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Case of the Blahs

Yesterday I came down with a case of the blahs and didn't accomplish much at all.  One of the good things about having deadlines is that one is forced to move along with whatever projects one has.  With no deadlines, one allows oneself to just sit it out for a day. 

So did I do?  I took care of some computer business (I finally answered three of those questions from McCall's among other things) while waiting for the UPS person to stop with our cat's medicine which had to be signed for.  Since D was away for the day, that meant I didn't even dare take my shower until after the delivery (11:30 a.m.).  Once that was taken care of, I tidied myself and the house.

Practicing the piano was next.  And last.  Even though I spent time researching stitches and finding threads for my crazy quilt block, I can't say I was truly accomplishing much.  You know how it is when all you really do is push the piles of paper from one side of the desk to the other?  That's how I felt.

In the evening, I did stitch on the crazy quilt block so I did have something to show for the day.  It wasn't a lot, though.  I simply had a case of the blahs.

Do you ever get them?

No comments:

Post a Comment