Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Secrets

It's hard not to write about things, i.e., projects, that are secret.  The last few days those are the kinds of projects on which I've been working, and I can't tell you about them!  Frustrating because I've had such fun working on one in particular.  All I can say is that in the future those projects will appear on this blog.

Are you good at keeping secrets?  I can't say that I have always been good at it; possibly because I was too young to appreciate why keeping secrets was important.  Now, I am very careful about confidences.  If someone asks me not to tell something, I don't, and frequently if I've been told something but nothing has been said about keeping quiet about it, I still won't discuss it until I have permission to do so. 

It's not always easy, is it?  Sometimes the confidence is so tantilizingly juicy that it seems to tickle one's tongue in its eagerness to be let out.  Other times it's such a wonderful, bubbly secret (like a special gift for someone) that it just wants to effervesce straight into someone else's ear. 

I do admit that I tell my husband some of the secrets I'm holding (things like the gifts and the happy things) but only the ones that won't hurt anyone.  Like me, he keeps his own council so I don't have to worry about him passing along anything.  Telling him might be a little like letting steam out through a tiny opening.  It relieves the pressure of keeping everything all bottled up inside. 

None the less, I can't wait to share some of the secrets I'm holding right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment