Monday, September 17, 2012

Missing Esther

Esther e-mailed me and told me to get on with it, already, she wants photos of my projects.  Isn't it nice that she really wants to see what I write about?  Well, sort of.  You see, Esther, I don't have any photos, yet, because of brain-drain.  The idea of taking photos before taking my hand-piecing blocks to the quilt shop was so sensible, it drained out of my head before it could attach itself to a randomly passing memory cell.  Then there's the finished Fairy Quilt #2.  It isn't really finished at all.  I have to locate some fairies and stitch them to the top and then sew on the borders.  I guess in addition to brain-drain, I suffer from prevarication-itis.  However, I should recover before the end of the year.  Maybe.
 
So . . . instead of photographs of projects, I could send pictures of my recent sketches.  But since Esther has seen them all while we were in Vermont and I was working on them there, that won't fill the bill either. 
 
However, I will include a special photograph that I know Esther did not take while in Vermont.
 
Empty Chair
 
Some day this wonderfully worn, multi-colored chair will figure in one of my paintings, but for now it's just an empty chair waiting for  - something.   What would you put in or on this chair?
 
Finished projects?  Embroidered, soft pillows? Half-read book? Sheaf of music?  List of things to do?  Shared memories? or a good friend/sister like Esther?
 

1 comment:

  1. Esther, I'm thinking Noel will soon be back to using some of those brain cells that are currently on vacation. She just has lots going on now - especially with cleaning out dad's house.

    ReplyDelete