Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Short Entry

It amazes me how easily I forget things I don't want to remember.  I had forgotten that tomorrow the estate liquidator will meet with us in D's childhood home and give us an idea of what he is willing to handle.  In D's hometown area, these things don't work as they do in more suburban/urban areas where the liquidator takes everything.  Even though we have cleaned out almost everything of little to no value, the decisions have been made through the filter of our emotions and memories.  As a result, I am worried about what will not meet the liquidator's criteria and as a result what we may still have to handle.
 
Beginning my own "liquidation" process recently with my quilting stash, clothing, books, et al, seemed like a good idea.  After all, I had immediate experience of clearing out a house and wanted to bring some order into at least one area of my "half" of our home.  However, it might not have been such a great idea after all because I find myself tired at a time when I should be gearing up.

However, it is evening, and things will resume their proper places in my mind with the new day and a fresh outlook.  I hope to report good news tomorrow evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment