Thursday, May 30, 2013

New Vase

Due to yesterday's weather ran and tornados (but not like Oklahoma, thank goodness!), we were without power for almost 20 hours (though it seemed like much longer).  Hence no entry.  Also as a result, with company coming this weekend, we've been on the run so this entry will be short.

Indeed, I'm simply going to share my new vase with you.  Our neighbor always finds just the right thing to give us when we take care of his homestead and pet if he's away.  We've tried to talk him out of the gift idea, but he blithely does what he wants to do.  When you see what he gave us this time, you'll understand why I grinned from ear to ear when I opened the package.

 
Isn't this the most delightful vase you've ever seen?  See the way it twists?  And its perfect for those Japanese iris I thinned from the white flower garden, isn't it!  I hope the buds will open so I can see how the blooms look in this vase, but it doesn't matter if they don't.  I think it's lovely right now.

Thank you, neighbor!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful vase!! I loved the color and the twist. T has good taste in gifts! I'm sure that it will have many flowers in it at various times throughout the years!

    Oh, and I see you have your power back! Seems people all around me had problems. There must have been an umbrella over my house cause I typed through the whole thing!

    Enjoy your cleaning and the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your unique new vase looks awesome with your minimal leaves. I can't believe the irises will enhance the beauty of your arrangement. Very Japanese.

    ReplyDelete