Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Candle Light

After removing all the quilting-related piles, boxes containing items related to quilting, ironing board, lamps, extension cords from the dining room table (and sideboard and chairs and floor), I spent some time cleaning the room itself.  That included going through two cabinets that actually held china and glassware.  Some was packed away as being the wrong season, some was given away, and some is now under dire interdict, "If it isn't used some time between December 2013 and December 2014, it's gone.  Out of the room, out of the house, and out of any extraneous storage possibilities.

Hmmm.  I still like some of my collections.  I still really like some of my collections, but I have to stick to my rule.  Hmmm.


I have a collection of old glass goblets.   Here they are on the long shelf in the family room serving as candle holders for the holidays.


There are also several real candle holders interspersed among the goblets.  What can I say?  I like candle light.


I also have a collection of old glass measuring cups (of which you can see only one in the photo above - the others also on this shelf have lit candles, too).

Since these photos were taken, I have removed all the green tea lights and put them away until March.  I've left the red ones out because - well, it will be February soon!

What a good use for these lovely old goblets (but boy, was my thumb sore after lighting all those candles with the "flame thrower")!


1 comment:

  1. The candles look so pretty! I'll bet that it took a while for you to light them all. Next time get a taper candle and you only have to light it once!

    ReplyDelete