Sunday, January 5, 2014

View from Above

Well, since the last time I wrote, the weather has certainly had its way with us, hasn't it!  It has been a long time since I can remember it being so cold or the snow so light-weight (for the number of inches we had, it was remarkably easy to shovel).  Believe me, I am not complaining.  I've said it before, and I'll probably say it many times again; once I retired, snow no longer held my spirit in captivity.  It just isn't the threat it was when I had to go out.  And cold?  I merely add another layer if I need to.

Anyway, these past few days while working in my studio with all its windows, I was treated to a visual feast.  The first picture was taken in the morning out my back window. 


The next was merely a shot of the tops of the trees against the sky.


Then there is the stunning afternoon light and the shadows it creates.


And the last one of the featuring the beech tree and more shadows.


Had I put my camera against the window (as I did for the sky photo) you wouldn't see the muntins in the window, but I rather like that as it emphasizes the fact that I am inside and the winter is outside.

It was a good place to be!

1 comment:

  1. love the before the rain came photos! It is very pretty especially when viewed from inside!

    ReplyDelete