Monday, January 20, 2014

Raking Hay (1) - More Work

It's Monday night, and I am going to share the painting I have done since last Tuesday.   In other words, this is an exhibit of work pre-class critique - gasp!

First, a re-view of last week's work:


The lake needed additional work as did the foreground.  Here it is now.


I think the tractor needs to be "grounded" as it appears to be floating.  I really wanted the foreground "hay field" to be more yellow.  I thought I had it but then I toned it down too much.  This painting reminds me of the "Four Little Peppers and How They Grew" in style.  It lacks that free-floating sense that many watercolors have - fluidity.  This seems more heavily worked to my eye.  Over-worked?

I'll have to wait and listen carefully to tomorrow's critique.


1 comment:

  1. I like the more defined lines in the hills and also in the trees on the side of the lake with the tractor. Wonder what the people with the real artistic eyes think!

    ReplyDelete