Sunday, September 20, 2015

New Table Runner

What a weekend!  Saturday I took a quilting class from Linda Fieldhouse offered by JQ, and it was fabulous.  First of all, this was the first time ME and I had met this teacher let alone taken a class from her so we had no idea what to expect, but we both really liked the table runner we would be making.  Second, it was a class that required the use of a new ruler, and oh, I do like rulers that are worth collecting!

Here is a photo of just a little bit of Linda's table runner:



I like these fabrics and the combination of colors so much that I chose the same for mine.  Of course, I did change the border and added some different fabrics within the pattern, but essentially it will be the same runner.  The ruler was a great help, but no where near as wonderful as Linda.  She walked us through the pattern and the use of the ruler like a pro.  Both made the construction a pleasure.  

Have I finished it?  No, but I will be able to of that I am confident!  My sewing time today was spent cutting more pieces so I can make my version larger, and in a day or two, I will be back to stitching.

Thanks to Linda!

No comments:

Post a Comment