Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Tuesday - Painting

No entry yesterday because D and I went to watch the UConn women's basketball game with friends.  It was a very exciting game as Texas gave them the most difficult game UConn has had so far.  In hindsight, I think it was good for them to have that experience at that point because now they have a week to get themselves mentally prepared for the Final Four games.  We will keep watching and pulling for them.

Today I went to painting.  While it was wonderful to be back, it was frustrating because I didn't have anything prepared that I wanted to work on.  I had my sketches from our Key West trip to share, as well as several possible photographs to work on after Sharon and I discussed whether they were worth it (they were with some compositional changes) and whether they should be worked on with water color or oil.  Once those decisions were made, I went back to work on the day lily.  I didn't want to waste Sharon's or my time on drawing whichever photo I chose while in class.  That's something I can do by myself; while in class I need to have her input on the painting part.  It was great being back with my friends and working again.

When I got home, I got involved with several other activities and completely forgot to take any pictures of today's work (frankly, hardly worth my time to take photos or your time to see the work!) or of my sketchbook entries.  

It's taking a while to get back into the swing of things, but I'll make it sooner or later.

One of many photos of orchids from Key West - in this one, I love the shadow:



1 comment: