The "ho-hum" and lazy-dazy and "hey, it's Halloween" bugs hit this week. That and some unexpected, disappointing things kept me from blogging.
While I was getting ready for a quilting retreat, I thought I was way ahead of things as far as organizing so I'd be ready to work on the planned quilt. Everything seemed to be going well. I had been putting elements in plastic bags and labeling them. Then I turned to look at the single complete block I had to check again how many parts I would need for the entire quilt. This is to be a king-sized quilt made up of 24" blocks: 5 patterned blocks, 4 solid blocks, and borders. All of a sudden I realized I had been thinking I needed pieces for only 3 more block when I needed enough for four more. It may not seem like a lot, but it adds up to over 150 pieces for one patterned block. Being off even one block is daunting.
Then today I went to painting class, and I hadn't done any painting at all this week. I really am having difficulty getting back into my pre-renovation schedule, and it can't be chalked up to that any more. Anyway, I did go and I did paint, and no, I'm not going to show you because once again, I have nothing worth showing you. There are at least 9 studies for this painting, and they're all pretty awful.
However, I am stubborn, and by golly, I'll work on it some more!