Thursday, January 26, 2017

A Re-Start on a Quilt

It was such a pleasure seeing the snow still on the ground today as we walked.  So far this winter, we haven't had much in the way of lasting snow so this is good news for gardeners.  Yes, we've had rain, too, so maybe the drought won't be as bad this season.

My morning was spent doing the usual household chores which included tidying my desk.  It's amazing how quickly little piles of notes, mail, lists pile up into larger, messy, falling over piles.  Naturally enough, the tidying turned into actually taking care of whatever note I had left myself and remembering something I had intended to write down but didn't, filing papers and finding more that had to be read, and finally, turning to the computer to see what needed to be done there.  

So it wasn't until after lunch that I went up to the studio to re-cut pieces for a baby quilt I must make.  The re-cutting was because I changed my mind about the size of the blocks.  While I will keep the blocks I had already made, it was sad to realize there wasn't enough of some of the fabrics to cut for new blocks of any size, but that happens from time to time.

Tomorrow I will start sewing this quilt again!  

1 comment:

  1. it's impossible to keep a desk clean all the time. Piles show up from out of nowhere! Sounds like you had a good day and I know this quilt will be done - SOON !!

    ReplyDelete