Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Election Day

We are up early today because I had to take David to the polls.  He's an election inspector so, like the others, he's there from 5:30 a.m. until the polls close.  It's a long day.

While he is gone I have to get caught up on the houseworky chores I didn't do this last weekend.  It's mostly laundry so I should have time to complete some of those have-to-do projects that I got underway last week.  But I also need to cut out some other fabrics so I'll be ready for this coming weekend. 

Two friends and I are going away for a scrap booking weekend at Jiminy Peak.  No, I don't scrapbook, but Mary Ellen and I will tote our sewing machines and other gear so we can work on our sewing while the others glue and put together marvelous albums over which we can "Ooh" and "Aah".  It will be fun to see what they do and maybe pick up a few ideas along the way.  One never knows when or from where inspiration will come so I will include a sketchbook with my quilting goodies. 

And that reminds me that today I should also begin to organize what I plan to work on while away.  I always take more than I can get done because sometimes one sews oneself into a corner and can't get out.  If there isn't at least one alternate project on which to work - well, I guess a long walk might do!  This means that I will take my knitting to work on in the car, possibly some hand-piecing, and a second project for the sewing machine.  Since my family won't be around, I could possibly take some secret project although because of the contest, I hadn't planned on giving any sewing gifts this year.  It may be time for the Job Jar!

And since it is Election Day -

Don't forget to vote - both at the polls and for my quilt!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment