Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Last Week of Contest

Does it seem possible that this is the last week of McCall's Quilt Design Star contest?  Finally?  It is, though.  This is the last time I will be asking you to amp up your voting and comment writing, and I bet you'll be happy when it is over!

I know that there have been comments written that haven't been posted, yet.  The managers of the site seem to be taking longer than usual with that.  If it doesn't change today (I've been at 69 comments since at least last Thursday), I'll send a polite inquiry.  It means a lot to me to read what people say.  Not only is it affirmation but it is also a clue as to what people see and what they like.  In design that information is crucial.

Mind you, I have no intention of becoming a professional designer and never have.  That wasn't the point of entering this contest in the first place.  However, if local people want my designs, I'm happy to share.

I've learned that I can design and make quilts that please me, my family, and my friends.  That was my quest.  I've also learned that I need to simplify my work, and I've never been good at that.  It's something I'm going to ask my painting teacher to help me with - more graphic design, I think.  I keep on looking at the artwork done during the art nouveau and art deco periods both of which I admire greatly.  Simple, elegantly spare, beautiful.  Now if I could do that and add it to what I have learned in this contest?  Wow!

Anyway, I do need to ask you to continue voting every day because that's still important.  Writing a short comment would also be lovely if you can.  My aim to is finish in the top 4 and only you can help me achieve that goal.  I appreciate the time and effort you've taken so far and ask that you keep it up for one more week.

One more week of voting once a day per computer (the more computers you can get to, the better!).

No comments:

Post a Comment