Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Back again

Finally!  Have you ever been hit by the post-vacation-two-by-four?  That's what happened to me when we returned from our trip to Charleston.  The next day, I had no energy to do anything not absolutely necessary.  When it was time to pack up so I'd be ready for painting today, I thought to myself that I didn't really feel like painting and maybe I could simply pretend to draw.  And laundry?  Well, if we'd done without for a week, what were a few more days?

Fortunately, that lassitude did not survive the night!  Today I went off to painting with a pristine canvas, oil paints, and both palette knives and brushes.  I was ready to put paint on canvas.  For that reason, I've tucked away my Tibetan monk and the gate in the Summer Palace outer wall for another day.  Spending more time in preliminary studies/sketches was not what I wanted to do today.  Instead I chose a few photos from our trip and started in on a Charleston work that may or may not be something "to write home about".  We'll see.

Since I am currently working on that laundry; I'll leave you with a photograph of a passionflower we saw as we wandered around our last day.



2 comments:

  1. great to have you back! And that flower is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I hand't realized that you went to Charleston. I recognize the malaise you describe. We had a very busy week last week, and I finally revived on Tuesday. The flower is beautiful. Subject for a painting?

    ReplyDelete