Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Finished Project - Yeah!

In the entry for Monday, I wrote about all the mishaps I encountered (and some I created) while at Quilt Camp.  I had taken two unfinished projects to work on; one was in the almost-finished stage while the other was an in-progress project.  Today I am proud to announce (drum roll, please) that the almost-finished purse for which I needed my walking foot, is now finished.

Ta-dah! My purse from a Sue Pritt pattern (front side):


And a close up of the back of the body of the purse:


Using Sue's pattern results in a very professional looking handbag and is the ONLY one I would make more than once.  Not only that, it is the ONLY one I would make without whining!  Sue's method for assembling the linings and outer sides of the purse is not only unique but also extremely logical and easy.

The front of the purse has two pockets and the back has one.  The interior - photo, please -

has six pockets (more or less depending on how one divides the fabric).  The lining of my bag is black and the pockets are red with a blue edge (it's hard to tell but the blue complements the blue in the paisley and makes the pockets easy to see). 

Is there anything I'd change in the pattern?  Yes.  I'd make the strap a half inch wider and use a heavy weight interfacing for it.   After using the bag for a while, I might decide to change the outside pockets though not the shape (I love the convex and concave curves Sue has incorporated).

Here's the kicker, though.  Started in November, I finally finished this bag in May and plan to use it next winter when I wear my black and brown wool coat for which I made the purse. 

Well, tomorrow,  since I plan to wear black slacks, maybe . . .

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Congrats on getting it done ahead of time. You've got a new winter bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noel: Great bag!! What are it's dimensions and how heavy is it? When do you go into production?

    ReplyDelete