Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Not What I Expected

How many times have you said, "Well, that's not what I expected" (said with a frown) or "Wow, that's that not what I expected!"(said with a grin).  Today, I said the former although I should have expected it.

After painting class, I stopped at the drugstore and before I went inside, I called David to see if he needed anything.  His response was, "No, I don't, but I do need you to come home as we have to go buy a new refrigerator."  Actually, I expected that, but I just didn't want to.  When your ice cream is soupy, you know that isn't good, and you know no one bumped the temperature control, and you know that turning the temperature control to "super, super cold" isn't going to work, and you know that the repair people are going to say, "Just shoot it and put it out of its misery."  But you blithely go on about your daily routine thinking that you really shouldn't be such a Cassandra full of doom and gloom.

There are times when you really should.  Because you know what we were told today as we bought a new refrigerator that can't be delivered until next Monday?

We were lucky that our old one had lasted 15 years.  Nowadays, we were told, you're lucky if it lasts 10 years. 

Just go ahead and pull my hair out and save me the trouble, okay?

1 comment:

  1. not fun - especially the wait until Monday! And, no, I don't think you'd really look good bald, so I'm not going to help you pull out your hair!

    ReplyDelete