Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Day 2 in D.C. - sort of

Today I was planning on telling you about my second day in Washington by showing you photographs from the National Portrait Gallery.  But I just discovered the photos I thought I had down-loaded didn't show up.  I must have forgotten some crucial button pressing or "click here" critical to completing the process.  All I have to show for my effort is a picture of David I took when I first got the phone. 

So, instead, I'll include another garden picture that I took today with my camera.


These aren't the same lilies I've shown you before; last year I was away when these bloomed.  The upper lily is closer to the actual color - a cream colored "white lily" in my white flower garden.  And here's a final picture of the "Snowball" hydrangea that's at the corner of the house.


Now you can see the difference between the colors.  This photo shows you why I love having a white flower garden; even on a cloudy day, the flowers seem to fill the yard with light. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to show you some more of DC; I wouldn't want you getting tired of my garden!

2 comments:

  1. I too think there's something very pretty with a white garden! Your flowers are wonderful - and my white hydrangea won't be out for a while yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your flowers photos are inspirational. Do you want to share what setting you use?

      Delete