Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Off to Washington, D.C.

Another day with no work on the pinwheels project, but I don't feel disappointed.  It was a busy day getting ready for a trip to Washington, D.C. so the only sewing I did was making an emergency cover/bag for my new Kindle Fire.  Now that was fun! 

Tomorrow we take the train to D.C. and I'll have my Kindle with book 2 of the Hunger Games, the landscape to enjoy, and my knitting to keep me busy.  This is the first year we haven't flown down so I am looking forward to this new adventure.  D will be busy in meetings all day, and I will see if I can find new ways to get lost as I try to find obscure museums.

Of course, the weather will be brutally hot (my oh-not-so-favorite-weather), but I do hope to find the Botanical Garden on a day that is maybe only in the 80's.  Ha!  Last year after killing my feet while getting lost trying to find the Textile Museum, I learned to take an air-conditioned tour bus when the temperature hits the 100+ mark. 

So I'll go where the temperature allows me.  Next Monday, I'll tell you about it.  Have a cool week!

No comments:

Post a Comment