Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pineapple Class

Wow, if you like pineapple quilts and are tired of the paper-pieced approach or the tedium of cutting and piecing the traditional way, this method (Karin Helladay's* book Sew Simple Pineapple) is for you!  Despite cutting one of my fabric selections the wrong size and having to purchase new fabric and cut that correctly, having a lunch break, indulging in a bit of chatter, as well as the usual sewing and pressing, all of us in the class made two pineapple blocks.  We made different versions from the book, but all came out beautifully.  It's always fun to see how different fabrics and different color selections make such unique quilts from the same pattern.  Here are my two blocks:


Now I can hardly wait to complete at least two more so I will be able to see the full picture.  Until then, I will withhold judgment, but I welcome your take on these two alone.  Then we'll see how or if our view changes.

*I need to check on the spelling of the designer's name, but I think I have this one of her books correctly cited.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment