Monday, October 1, 2012

Missed Opportunity

While I managed to go shopping with two of my very best friends and co-conspirators, ME and Karen, on Saturday, I wilted fast.  You know it is fall when:
  • You catch your first cold.
  • You can't stay awake long enough to attend a favorite late night quilting party.
  • You willingly drink cherry-flavored, "guaranteed-to-knock-you-out" syrup.
  • You fall asleep before the baby next door.
  • You get up so late you're embarrassed to tell anyone what time it was.
  • You make a pot of stew.
  • You would have made an apple crisp if you had more energy.  Or if you had remembered to buy apples.
  • Quilt shows start again.
It's about that last item, my missed opportunity.  This was the weekend of Q.U.I.L.T.S in Schenectady's big show, and I had been looking forward to going to it especially since I knew Pat Cunningham had a quilt or two in the show.  How disappointed I was that I couldn't find the energy to go!  But I know it was wiser not to - no one there would want whatever germs I was carrying around, that's for sure.  I did get to admire some of the quilts that were featured when I read Karen's blog and saw the slides she had of the show.  It's such fun and inspiring to see what others are doing!
 
Ah well, I'll look forward to the next show all the more.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment