Monday, October 15, 2012

One Project Finished!

After reading the title of this entry, you may be all excited for me thinking I have finished the task of weeding my stash.  Sigh.  That will take quite some more time even though I do a little work on it every day.
 
No, today's excitement is that I have finished making two Lazy Girl wallets.  It doesn't take long to do these handy little wallets, and since I've made several, I can almost do them in my sleep.  The issue is that recipient is in her twenties and therefore likes simplicity, probably no flowers, and neutral colors.  In other words, she's my opposite.  Once I realized that, I chose what I think are appropriate fabrics, but I'm nervous about whether or not I was successful.  One way or the other, they are finished.  
Batiks
The batik wallet may be my better choice of fabric lines and colors.  The outside of the wallet is a black/gray stripe and a black and gray geometric design.  
William Morris fabrics

The photograph of the William Morris wallet has done strange things to the colors. However, the outside is taupe and gold (no metallic threads) roses (they're small flowers!), taupe leaves, and a gray background. The bottom portion is also a William Morris fabric and it matches the taupe of the leaves above. It is not green! 
 
After some consideration, I did not put buttons on the outsides of the wallets but opted for simplicity instead.  Buttons aren't really needed with the Velcro anyway.  I even managed to get these in the mail today (they must be in CA for a Halloween birthday).

Now I am back to sewing for Christmas.  It is a bit late, isn't it?  Wish me luck getting things finished!

1 comment:

  1. I like them both and the fact that they're done is a definite plus! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete